History



Left:Yanagido Campus under construction (1980.5) Right: West gate of a building of department of industial chemistry (1982)

 
1942 12    Gifu Prefectural Higher Technical School was founded at Kasamatu-cho, Hashima County, Gifu Prefecture.
  1943 1   Two departments, namely, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Department of Chemical Engineering, were established.
    4   First entrance ceremony and opening ceremony of the School were held.
  1945 2   Renamed as Gifu Prefectural Technical School.
  1946 2   Special courses (Department of Chemical Engineering and Department of Spinning and Weaving) were established.
    5   Depart ment of Text ile Eng ineering was established.
    12   Special courses were abolished.
  1947 2   Renamed as Gifu Technical School.
    5   Department of Civil Engineering was established.
  1949 2   Gifu University of Medicine and Engineering was founded. Renamed as Faculty of Engineering on the basis of Gifu Technical School. Department of Civil Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Fiber Engineering, and Department of Chemistry were established.
    5   First entrance ceremony of Faculty of Engineering, and Gifu University of Medicine and Engineering were held.
  1950 4    Renamed as Faculty of Engineering, Gifu Prefectural University.
  1951 3   Gifu Technical School was abolished.
  1952 4   Transferred to the national university and reestablished as Faculty of Engineering, Gifu University.
  1954 3   Faculty of Engineering, Gifu Prefectural University was closed by being transferred to national university.
    9   Moved to new school buildings for Faculty of Engineering, (in Kakamigahara City).
  1959 4   Post-Graduate Course of Engineering was established.
  1961 4   Department of Electrical Engineering was established.
  1963 4   Department of Precision Engineering was established.
  1965 4   Post-Graduate Course of Electrical Engineering was established.
  1967 3   Post-Graduate Course of Engineering was abolished.
    4   Graduate School of Engineering (Master's program) with six divisions was founded, namely, Civil Engineering Division, Mechanical Engineering Division, Textile Engineering Division, Industrial Chemistry Division, Electrical Engineering Division and Precision Engineering Division. First entrance ceremony of Graduate School of Engineering was held.
  1968 4   Department of Synthetic Chemistry was established.
  1972 4   Department of Electronic Engineering was established.
  1973 4   Synthetic Chemistry Division, Graduate School of Engineering (Master's program), was established.
  1976 4   Electronic Engineering Division, Graduate School of Engineering (Master's program), was established.
  1981 4   Department of Construction Engineering was established.
    10   Moved to new campus (1-1, Yanagido Gifu City).
  1986 4   Construction Engineering Division, Graduate School of Engineering, was established.
  1987 4   Large Department system was adopted in Faculty of Engineering, and Departments of Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Chemistry, Electronics and Computer Engineering were established on the basis of the former nine departments.
1991 10   Evening Courses was established in the Faculty. In Graduate School of Engineering, nine Divisions of Master's program changed into four divisions of Master's program(Civil Engineering Division, Mechanical Engineering Division, Applied Chemistry Division and Electronics and Computer Engineering Division).Three divisions of Doctor's program were founded (Production and Development System Engineering Division, Material Engineering Division and Electronics and Information System Engineering Division).
  1996 3   Building E(SRC8) was built.
  1997 4   The four departments changed into the six departments: (Civil Engineering, Mechanical and Systems Engineering, Chemistry, Biomolecular Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Information Science).
  1999 4   Environmental and Renewable Energy Systems Division (University-authorized Graduate Course of Engineering), Graduate School of Engineering, was established.
  2001 4   The five Divisions of Master's program changed into the seven Divisions of Master's program: (Civil Engineering, Mechanical and Systems Engineering, Applied Chemistry, Biomolecular Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Informat ion Science, Environmenta l and Renewable Energy Systems).
  2002 4   The six departments changed into the nine departments: (Civil Engineering, Mechanical and Systems Engineering, Chemistry, Biomolecular Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Information Science, Materials Science and Technology, Human and Information Systems, Mathematical and Design Engineering).
        Evening course was established at eight departments: (Civil Engineering, Mechanical and Systems Engineering, Chemistry, Biomolecular Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Information Science, Materials Science and Technology, and Human and Information Systems).
  2004 4   Reestablished as the National Universities Corporation Gifu University.
  2005 2   Buildung F (SRC8) was built.
  2006 4   The Master's program was changed to ten divisions (Civil Engineering Division, Mechanical and Systems Engineering Division, Applied Chemistry Division, Electrical and Electronic Engineering Division, Biomolecular Science Division, Information Science Division, Materials Science and Technology Division, Human and Information Systems Division, Mathematical and Design Engineering Division, Environmental and Renewable Energy Systems Division).
  2007 4   Recruitment of students for evening courses was closed.
        Master's Program for Adult Education was established.
  2013 4   The nine departments changed into the four departments: (Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry and Biomolecular Science, Electrical・Electronic and Computer Engineering)
  2014 4   Center for Infrastructure Management Technology and Research was established